Where is my mind.

What's on my mind? A lot of stuff. But if you're curious to know the specifics, here are a few things that take up about 90% of my brain power at the moment (the remainder 10% is useless dribble like celebrity gossip and cartoony things):

Electrical Engineering or more specifically branches of electrical engineering. I wrote a post about this a few months ago, and within the past year I've been focused on Math, Physics, Robotics, and Computer Science to help accomplish my goal of becoming an engineer. Auditing some MOOC courses on edX, Coursera, and YouTube (MIT, Stanford, Yale lectures) I've built, and continue to build,  a core set of engineering knowledge. My end goal is to establish an expertise in the coming age of the Internet of Things (IoT).

IoT. You've heard of the term, right? The idea that over the next decade we will see more and more "things" (like cars, thermostats, shoes, etc) connected to the internet via sensors and advanced microprocessors; and that these things will pump out massive amounts of data for companies to capture and transform into useful knowledge. Corporations in the private and public sectors alike will need people to sort out how to handle all this data, and so we will likely see a sharp job growth in data science, internet engineering, computer engineering, and robotics. It's a bit much to swallow, I know. But to help wrap your head around the concept of  the Internet of Things, see below for an easy to digest video explaining IoT as it applies to the Quantified Self



Theology. This is a good topic that I've gained some mastery over (somewhat). I mean it's still in progress but I think I get it. Being raised a Catholic, and having grown up in a primarily Christian environment, I could say that I have a good core set of morals and beliefs. I've been going to BSF, and prior to that, reading up on fundamental philosophy works (Socrates, Plato, Aristotle, and dabbles of Stoicism). I'll be honest, although I do enjoy applying the teachings of the Bible to my daily life, I'm also a very objective person and do not try to ignore the academic perspective of things. So, I dabble here and there on the topics of morality as it applies to theology (Christian or other). And this is primarily to help me become (ultimately) a better spiritual person, and other reasons which I may cover in a later post. I also love the idea of bridging the gap between faith (religion) and reason (science). I am very interested in the works of St Thomas Aquinas and his seminal work Summa Theologica.

There you have it. A small (concise) summary of what fills my brain now and will likely to continue to over the coming years. This is the stuff that makes me me.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Career.

Turkey. A Travel Log.

Fat Burger.