My take on climate change.

An email addressed to my girlfriend:
Just thought I'd share this in my view of global climate change. Glance over this report conducted by the Intergovernmental Panel for Climate Change (IPCC) highlighting the likelihood of the global climate change due to human contributions.  
If you look at the table on SPM-23, scientists of the panel believe increased drought and cyclone activity  isn't likely to be caused by human activity. Which was part of my argument earlier before you cut me off. I understand that there is increased CO2 emissions in the atmosphere and we are experiencing warmer days and nights in (some) parts of the world, and the polar ice caps are melting, but in a nutshell, even scientists who conducted the study aren't 100% sure that climate change will lead to a doomsday scenario.Climate change will continue well into 2100s and it may be hotter Earth, but they are developing technologies to curb that growth and maybe even reverse it; see below article on Carbon Capture Storage.   
The reason why I'm not interested in environmental activism is because I believe in humanity's plight to reverse their errors (sometimes stop it completely) through innovation and technology - even in the context of the environment. We can repair the climate too and my email includes a small sample of what we are doing to achieve this; I'm not ignorant or apathetic about climate change, but I'm leaving that battle to the geoengineers as it is out of my league and not in my best interests. I'm looking to save people's lives through biorobotics engineering and that's whole lifetime of knowledge to acquire in itself.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My Future Career.

Turkey. A Travel Log.

Fat Burger.